Modern Healthcare: The Joint Commission has developed seven new inpatient psychiatric measures. These measures will eventually be used on the Quality Check web site- which allows consumers to compare hospitals.
New Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Service Measures:
(Beginning October 1st)
- Admission screening for violence risk
- Substance use
- Psychological-trauma history and patient strengths completed
- Hours of physical restraint use
- Hours of seclusion use
- Patients discharged on multiple anti-psychotic medications
- Patients discharged on multiple anti-psychotic medications with appropriate justification
- Post-discharge continuing plan created
- Post-discharge continuing-care plan transmitted to next level of care provider upon discharge.
SOURCE: Joint Commission releases inpatient psychiatric measures