iHealthbeat: A new Web site called ZocDoc is enabling patients to make same-day appointments online. The site is part of an ongoing effort to reduce emergency department visits, however it should only be utilized for non-emergencies. There are currently more than 100 physicians listed, including internists and dentists, while many dermatologists will be added this year.
Physician Appointments Online To Cut NY Emergency Visits
More from New YorkMore posts in New York »
- Study Finds Surprise-Billing Laws May Have Impact on In-Network Contract Negotiations Between Payers and Providers
- Study Finds After States Enacted Surprise-Billing Laws, Some Outpatient Service Prices Decreased
- Report Finds Wide Variation in Prices for Childbirth Across and Within NYC Boroughs
- Study Finds Social Determinants Matter For Hospital Readmission Policy
- ClearHealthCosts Finds NY Health Insurers Requested Average 12% Rate Increases on Individual Plans for 2021