iHealthbeat: A new Web site called ZocDoc is enabling patients to make same-day appointments online. The site is part of an ongoing effort to reduce emergency department visits, however it should only be utilized for non-emergencies. There are currently more than 100 physicians listed, including internists and dentists, while many dermatologists will be added this year.
Physician Appointments Online To Cut NY Emergency Visits
More from New YorkMore posts in New York »
- Bill Introduced in NYC That Will Facilitate Analysis of Hospital Procedure Pricing
- Report on NYC Health & Hospital Nurse Staffing Trends During COVID-19 Pandemic
- NYC Council Debating Establishment of Watchdog Agency with Focus on High Price Hospital Care in NY
- FAIR Health Launches Actionable Tools with Healthcare Cost Information for Older Adults and Family Caregivers
- Study Finds Surprise-Billing Laws May Have Impact on In-Network Contract Negotiations Between Payers and Providers