KaiserNetwork reports that Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield will create a physician ranking system in New York that provides information about how cost-efficiency and skill contribute to its selection of “preferred” providers. Empire plans to launch a physician ranking system in the state next year.
Empire BCBS to establish doctor ranking system
More from New YorkMore posts in New York »
- Study Finds Surprise-Billing Laws May Have Impact on In-Network Contract Negotiations Between Payers and Providers
- Study Finds After States Enacted Surprise-Billing Laws, Some Outpatient Service Prices Decreased
- Report Finds Wide Variation in Prices for Childbirth Across and Within NYC Boroughs
- Study Finds Social Determinants Matter For Hospital Readmission Policy
- ClearHealthCosts Finds NY Health Insurers Requested Average 12% Rate Increases on Individual Plans for 2021