KaiserNetwork reports that Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield will create a physician ranking system in New York that provides information about how cost-efficiency and skill contribute to its selection of “preferred” providers. Empire plans to launch a physician ranking system in the state next year.
Empire BCBS to establish doctor ranking system
More from New YorkMore posts in New York »
- Study Finds Social Determinants Matter For Hospital Readmission Policy
- ClearHealthCosts Finds NY Health Insurers Requested Average 12% Rate Increases on Individual Plans for 2021
- Homeless Patients More Likely to be Readmitted to Hospital Within 30 days
- New bill Would Require NYC Dept of Health Maintain a Pediatric Emergency Rooms List
- Four States’ Approaches to Tackling Surprise Medical Billing