AHA News reports on the release of data specifications by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for its proposed outpatient quality reporting measures for 2009. The agency announced the proposed quality measures in its 2008 Outpatient Prospective Payment System proposed rule, and expects to publish the final measures in the OPPS final rule in November. To participate in the outpatient reporting program for calendar year 2009, hospitals must submit a notice of participation form by Nov. 15, 2007, and collect data for patients who receive outpatient services as of Jan. 1, 2008. Hospitals that fail to report outpatient quality data would receive a reduction of 2.0 percentage points in their 2009 annual payment update.
CMS releases proposed outpatient quality specs
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Newsweek’s World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2023
- Patient Satisfaction With Quality of Care at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Study Finds Nursing Homes Underreport Patient Safety Events, Pressure Ulcers
- Study Finds No Decline in Outcomes for Stroke Patients in VA Health System During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement