AHA News reports on the release of data specifications by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for its proposed outpatient quality reporting measures for 2009. The agency announced the proposed quality measures in its 2008 Outpatient Prospective Payment System proposed rule, and expects to publish the final measures in the OPPS final rule in November. To participate in the outpatient reporting program for calendar year 2009, hospitals must submit a notice of participation form by Nov. 15, 2007, and collect data for patients who receive outpatient services as of Jan. 1, 2008. Hospitals that fail to report outpatient quality data would receive a reduction of 2.0 percentage points in their 2009 annual payment update.
CMS releases proposed outpatient quality specs
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- AIHW: International Health Data Comparisons 2020
- Diagnostic Errors, Maternal Health Top ECRI’s 2020 Patient Safety Concerns
- Calls for Medical Devices Registry in UK to Reduce Risk of Patient Harm
- Research Finds 4 in 10 patients Harmed by Medical Errors, Many Preventable, in Primary and Outpatient Settings
- Out of Network CO APCD Data Now Available