AHA News reports on the release of data specifications by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for its proposed outpatient quality reporting measures for 2009. The agency announced the proposed quality measures in its 2008 Outpatient Prospective Payment System proposed rule, and expects to publish the final measures in the OPPS final rule in November. To participate in the outpatient reporting program for calendar year 2009, hospitals must submit a notice of participation form by Nov. 15, 2007, and collect data for patients who receive outpatient services as of Jan. 1, 2008. Hospitals that fail to report outpatient quality data would receive a reduction of 2.0 percentage points in their 2009 annual payment update.
CMS releases proposed outpatient quality specs
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Report on Performance of Health Plans in Washington
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Israeli Health Ministry Release Annual National Program for Quality Indicators Report
- WHO Report: Rise in Caesarean Section Rates, Amid Growing Inequalities in Access
- Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker Brief: Results of Effectiveness of Health Price Transparency Rule