AHA News reports on the release of data specifications by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for its proposed outpatient quality reporting measures for 2009. The agency announced the proposed quality measures in its 2008 Outpatient Prospective Payment System proposed rule, and expects to publish the final measures in the OPPS final rule in November. To participate in the outpatient reporting program for calendar year 2009, hospitals must submit a notice of participation form by Nov. 15, 2007, and collect data for patients who receive outpatient services as of Jan. 1, 2008. Hospitals that fail to report outpatient quality data would receive a reduction of 2.0 percentage points in their 2009 annual payment update.
CMS releases proposed outpatient quality specs
More from GeneralMore posts in General »
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement
- Rates of Adverse Events in Hospitalized Patients After Summer-Time Resident Changeover in the United States: Is There a July Effect?
- HCCI Report Finds Birthing People in the U.S. Pay Nearly $2,000 Out-of-Pocket to Have a Baby
- Healthgrades Announces 2022 State Hospitals Rankings List
- Fraser Institute: Annual Comparison of International Health Care Systems