New Jersey lawmakers are moving forward with a bill that would require New Jersey hospitals to make infection rates public and available online to the public. The bill (S147) requires hospitals to report information about patient infections to Department of Health & Human Services. This data would be available to consumers to faciliate comparisons online as the results would be posted on the health department Web site.
N.J. moves towards bill to post hospital-infection data
More from New JerseyMore posts in New Jersey »
- Study Examines Arbitration Decisions over Out-of-Network Medical Bills Based on NJ Arbitration Cases
- New Jersey Consumer Healthcare Experience State Survey
- NJ DOH Releases Report Card of Hospital Maternity Care in New Jersey
- NJ Hospital CEO Calls for Greater Price Transparency
- State Efforts to Protect Consumers from Surprise Balance Billing