Check out ‘States with laws requiring hospital-acquired infection reporting’ on StopHospitalInfections.org for a summary of state activity:
- 14 states have laws requiring public reporting of infection rates
- 2 states have laws requiring public reporting of infection information, but not specifically rates (CA, RI)
- 2 states have laws requiring confidential reporting of infection rates (NE, NV)
- All other states except AR, WY, AZ, MT, ND have considered hospital infection reporting laws, but have not yet passed legislation.
More on HAI Reporting
- PCC4: Hospital-acquired Infections in Pennsylvania 2005: The Hospital-acquired Infections in Pennsylvania report includes information on infections that patients contracted while in the hospital. The number and rate of infections that occurred during calendar year 2005 are reported for each of Pennsylvania’s 168 general acute care hospitals.
- Florida Compare Care – interactive report includes hospital-acquired infection measures
- Texas Lawmakers Push Infection Reporting Legislation
- MA: Doctoring hospital infections: Advocates — Health facilities must disclose info – Boston Herald