- Illinois Hospital Report Card – Illinois Department of Public Health
- Nursing Homes in Illinois – Illinois Department of Pubic Health
State legislation related to healthcare public reporting
- Hospital Report Card Act: The Hospital Report Card Act requires all Illinois hospitals to report nurse staffing, infection prevention measures and hospital acquired infections data to the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). Effective date: January 1, 2004.
- Illinois Health Finance Reform Act: (Consumer Guide to Health): Provides for comparison of hospitals’ performance on 30 leading medical procedures that have wide variation in outcomes and costs.
- Illinois Adverse Health Care Events Reporting Law of 2005: Established an adverse health care event reporting system designed to facilitate quality improvement in the health care system